Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Fault Lines in Education
Transcript of Copy of Fault Lines in Education
1. What is wrong with the current system of education in the Philippines?
Questions such as:
What can you say about our Philippine Educational Landscape?
a line on a rock surface or the ground that traces a geological fault.
Fault Lines in Philippine Educational Landscape
why does the book uses the concept of "FAULT LINES" ?
to describe the factors that
influence movements in
the Philippine Education System
STATE OF DISARRAY
2. How Relevant and responsive are the school offerings? Are they meeting the educational needs of the students? Are the students being prepared to cope with the demands of the 21st century?
3.What matters most- the number of subjects per grade level or the content of the subjects in each grade level?
Identifying the MAJOR
FAULTS in the country's educational landscape
POLITICAL FAULT LINES
ECONOMIC FAULT LINES
TECHNOLOGICAL FAULT LINES
SOCIO-CULTURAL FAULT LINES
includes the structure, personalities and processes involve in shaping desicions on Philippine Education.
Politics & Education
governance and finance
regulation of state & local universities & colleges
support of LGU's & other stakholders
Economic progress is directly proportional with the economic productivity of its populace.
Who should foot the bill?
Contribution of the Private Education Sector
Insufficient Distribution of Economic Infrastracture
Advances in technology diminish the need for manual labor, particularly for repetitive and routine work
it encompasses the holistic development of a person, the product of which is one with a strong and healthy body.
1. Social responsibility in education
Role of Teachers and School Managers
Filipino values: Good or Bad?
2. Rapid population Growth
"It is whaT CHILDREN GET out of Schools that will shape their life chances"
A curriculum Responsive to the Changing Times
organizational approach that expands the local school nsite responsibility and authority for the improvement of school performance
Role of Evaluation
in Classroom Teaching
Ed. ReseaRCH, Assessment
Monitorin & Evaluation