Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cadmium
solid Electron Configuration: 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2 3d10 4p6 5s2 4d10
Noble gas configuration: [Kr]5s2 4d8
valence e-: 2 Bonding: 7.36 kJ mol-1
Electronegativity: 1.69 (Pauling); 1.46 (Allrod Rochow)
Common Compounds: Oxide(s): CdO, CdO2,/Chloride(s): CdCl2,/Hydride(s): CdH2 Other Information: Interesting Facts: it’s named after the Greek word kadmeia (ancient name for calamine) and from the Latin word cadmia.
Discovery Date: 1817 by Fredrich Stromeyer.
Common Usses: are poisonous, nickel-cadmium batteries, nuclear reactor regulator, and red/yellow pigments. Slogan Cadmium is what gives your radio the energy to blow your ears.