Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Cadmium
solid Electron Configuration: 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2 3d10 4p6 5s2 4d10
Noble gas configuration: [Kr]5s2 4d8
valence e-: 2 Bonding: 7.36 kJ mol-1
Electronegativity: 1.69 (Pauling); 1.46 (Allrod Rochow)
Common Compounds: Oxide(s): CdO, CdO2,/Chloride(s): CdCl2,/Hydride(s): CdH2 Other Information: Interesting Facts: it’s named after the Greek word kadmeia (ancient name for calamine) and from the Latin word cadmia.
Discovery Date: 1817 by Fredrich Stromeyer.
Common Usses: are poisonous, nickel-cadmium batteries, nuclear reactor regulator, and red/yellow pigments. Slogan Cadmium is what gives your radio the energy to blow your ears.