Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Transcript of Thursday, December 18, 2014
1. Ethiopia (Africa)
2. Sudanese Refugee Camp (Africa)
3. Chicago, Illinois and Wheaton, Illinois (America)
Using the memoir, I will
to 10 questions on the study guide.
Of Beetles and Angels
a measure or assessment of one’s character
A person who has been forced to leave their country to escape war, persecution,violence, or natural disaster.
Mawi's family flees
to escape a civil war between Eritrea and Ethiopia.
3 Life Lessons
Haileab encouraged Mawi to work hard.
As a result, Mawi was accepted into several schools and he chose Harvard.
Haileab told Mawi stories about right and wrong
(to teach morals). For example, Haileab told Mawi the egg fable.
Haileab taught Mawi how to be nice to everyone (angels and beetles).
Because of this, Mawi was elected president of his class.
1. Family: Mawi’s family supports and encourages him.
2. Character: Be kind to everyone.
3. Perseverance: Don't give up!
It is a story that teaches children
not to steal.
Family and friends drink coffee and share stories about their pasts.
When something you don't expect to happen, actually happens.
ex. It is ironic that Haileab and Tewolde survived war, disease, and famine.
Something that could have been prevented, took their lives.
A text clue that gives an indication of what might happen later on
in the book.
ex. Father fear the headlights...