Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Power
1. The ability or capacity to perform or act effectively
2. A specific capacity, faculty, or aptitude
3. Strength or force exerted or capable of being exerted; might
4. The might of a nation, political organization, or similar group
5. A person, group, or nation having great influence or control over others
6. The ability or official capacity to exercise control
7. Forcefulness; effectiveness
In other words, power is the ability to:
keep yourself from being unduly influenced
English class will be the root of your power.
What is it?
Who has power?
What do they have in common?
Why should I pay attention in English class?
Why should I finish my homework?
WHY SHOULD I CARE?
Step 1: Improve your reading skills.
Step 2: Improve your communication
skills (writing and speaking).
How do you become powerful?
So you can expand your knowledge.
So you can explain your ideas and influence others.
Step 3: Improve your thinking skills.
So you can think, duh.
Step 4: Develop confidence.
Read a variety of texts.
Use reading strategies.
Expand your vocabulary.
Write and speak often.
Use the writing process.
Be an active listener.
Do your homework. :)
Do your best, all the time.
Learn from your mistakes.