Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Power
1. The ability or capacity to perform or act effectively
2. A specific capacity, faculty, or aptitude
3. Strength or force exerted or capable of being exerted; might
4. The might of a nation, political organization, or similar group
5. A person, group, or nation having great influence or control over others
6. The ability or official capacity to exercise control
7. Forcefulness; effectiveness
In other words, power is the ability to:
keep yourself from being unduly influenced
English class will be the root of your power.
What is it?
Who has power?
What do they have in common?
Why should I pay attention in English class?
Why should I finish my homework?
WHY SHOULD I CARE?
Step 1: Improve your reading skills.
Step 2: Improve your communication
skills (writing and speaking).
How do you become powerful?
So you can expand your knowledge.
So you can explain your ideas and influence others.
Step 3: Improve your thinking skills.
So you can think, duh.
Step 4: Develop confidence.
Read a variety of texts.
Use reading strategies.
Expand your vocabulary.
Write and speak often.
Use the writing process.
Be an active listener.
Do your homework. :)
Do your best, all the time.
Learn from your mistakes.