Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
1 Peter 5:1-4
Transcript of 1 Peter 5:1-4
I Peter 5:1-4 shepherd by serving (care) teach by training (feed) protect by praying (guard) lead by loving (guide) Principle - elders exist to meet the spiritual and emotional needs of God's people. Three synonyms
elder - presbuterus (who )
watch over - episcopos (what)
care - poiema (how) Shared Traits of the Best Civil War leaders...
1. Be a man - manage your life so that others will respect you.
2. Know your stuff - have well developed skills and tame your dark side.
3. Take care of your people - love the people under your command. The greatest gift leaders give those they care for is white hot love for God. Keep your wick in the kerosene of God's Word. ...elders among you... (v. 1). "Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you" (v. 2). What flock has
God put under
your immediate care? "The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams" (Ps. 23:1-2).
"If a student hasn't learned, the teacher
hasn't taught" (Bruce Wilkinson). Sheep crave for shepherds to lead the way. Teaching is more caught than taught. "...the student who is fully trained will become like the teacher" (Lk. 6:40). Sometimes sheep need to
be protected from themselves. Elders sleep with one eye open. "...false teachers, like vicious wolves, will come in among you...not sparing the flock...in order to draw
a following" (Acts 20:29-30). intercessory prayer Sheep are never driven; only led. Shepherds must always be out in
front of God's people. Sheep are attracted
to elders who show
their love for them. Sheepherds don't leave sheep in a storm. "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them,
and they follow me" (Jo. 10:27).