Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Compare and contrast physical and chemical properties, physi
Transcript of Compare and contrast physical and chemical properties, physi
Can be observed or measured without changing the composition of matter. Physical properties are used to observe and describe matter.
Chemical changes involve chemical reactions and the creation of new products. Typically, a chemical change is irreversible.
rusting of iron
combustion (burning) of wood
metabolism of food in the body
Of matter describes its "potential" to undergo some chemical change or reaction by virtue of its composition. What elements, electrons, and bonding are present to give the potential for chemical change.
Metals in general have they chemical property of reacting with an acid. Zinc reacts with hydrochloric acid to produce hydrogen gas. This is a chemical property.
Physical changes involve states of matter and energy. No new substance is created during a physical change, although the matter takes a different form.
crushing a can
melting an ice cube