Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Chapter 9 - Section 3 - Ancient Rome
Transcript of Chapter 9 - Section 3 - Ancient Rome
-Ran family business
-Couldn't vote 3 social classes The Upper Class: Patricians and some Plebeians Lowest Class:
-1/3 of population
-rebelled Middle Class:
Prosperous business leaders Household gods Worshiped 100s of spirits Shrines Human Form Religion and Government Linked Priest were government officials Emperor head of church Public Ceremonies Emperors honored as gods Father:
-Head of Family
-Private school for boys
-Home school for girls
-Girls married at 14 crowded - dirty - noisy - apartments - no toilets - trash - fire Poor:
-little to eat
-bread, olives, fruit
-free grain Rich: luxury, theater, fancy, dinners, dates, oysters, ham Solutions: -built sewers -aqueducts -public baths -entertainment -Circus Maximus GLADIATORS 8:00 min