Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Epithets
Define and create an epithet
Identify key locations from "The Odyssey"
Discuss Book 1 with a partner
an adjective or descriptive phrase expressing a quality characteristic of the person or thing mentioned.
What would your epithet be?
Mrs. Padgett the kind of heart
Mrs. Padgett the wise one
The Travels of Odysseus
In this book, Athena foreshadows many of the events that are to come during the epic poem. While the Odyssey is the story of Odysseus, it is also the story of his son, Telemachus.
The story begins in media res (or in the middle of the action.)
The Odyssey is a story rooted in the oral tradition of story-telling
Discuss the following with your shoulder-buddy
How has an oral tradition played a role in your family?
How would you feel if you were in Telemachus' situation?
We have already been introduced to the relationships of the gods and goddesses to humans. How are the Greek gods and goddesses similar or different from the one true God?
Book 2 Due by Wednesday
Gods/ Goddesses Report due Friday
DON'T FORGET: Vocabulary Quiz Wednesday
Books 1-3 Quiz on Friday