Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Theme of Poetry
Transcript of Theme of Poetry
A Poem is a writing that uses language in an unusual way to express emotions, ideas, or experiences.
-Stanzas, or groups of lines that form patterns
-Rhyme, the use of repeated sounds at the end of words, and rhythm, the pattern of beats or stressed syllables.
-Descriptive language, such as similes and metaphors, which speak to the senses. One Direction
What Makes you Beautiful 1.) Infer what the speaker of the song feels about its subject?
2.) Explain which lines indicate that the speaker feels this way?
3.) Describe that makes the subject "beautiful according the speaker?
4.) Do you think the speaker is only interested in how she looks? Why or why not? (Find a line from the song that supports your opinion.) What Makes you Beautiful Finding the Theme in Poetry To figure out the theme in poetry
you will use details and descriptions,
as well as what the speaker of the poem
thinks about the topic, to help
figure out a theme. A Poem is a writing that uses language in an unusual way to express emotions, ideas, or experiences.
-Stanzas are groups of lines that form patterns. They can be compared to paragraphs in stories.
-Rhyme is the use of repeated sounds at the end of words, and rhythm is the pattern of beats or stressed syllables.
-Descriptive language, such as similes and metaphors, that speak to the senses. The Lyrics in Songs can be compared to the elements in Poetry. Let's take a look... Elements of Poetry Poetry can rhyme, but it doesn't have to.
* It can create images in your mind by appealing to your 5 senses.
* Poetry has rhythm, deep feelings, and imagination.
* Poetry can be about anything, any topic.
* Poetry has moods, funny, sad, scary, etc.
* Words and lines can be repeated for effect.
Think about those elements of poetry.
Do they remind you of any of your
favorite song lyrics??? Now let's analyze poetry
and compare how
those poems are
similar to the lyrics
in the song. Listen to the song once again and think
about the theme of the song. What is the theme of the song?