Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Passive Voice with modals, Question Tags
Transcript of Passive Voice with modals, Question Tags
A tag question is a special construction in English, it is a statement followed by a mini question.
frequently used in spoken English when you want someone to agree or disagree
Question Tag Negative
Question Tag Positive
You are Tom,
He isn't Joe,
We form the passive with the verb to be + past participle of the main verb
How to form it?
Subject+ modal verb +be+ tense (depend the tense, see chart with examples)
Modal Meaning Example
can to express ability I can speak a little Russian.
can to request permission Can I open the window?
may to express possibility I may be home late.
may to request permission May I sit down, please?
must to express obligation I must go now.
must to express strong belief She must be over 90 years old.
should to give advice You should stop smoking.
would to request or offer Would you like a cup of tea?
would in if-sentences If I were you, I would say sorry.
Passive Voice with Modals