Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of August Warm-ups
1. What does it mean to be a middle schooler?
2. What challenges do middle schoolers face?
"Inside the Tweener's Brain" by Hank Pellissier
1. Read the article together as a class.
2. With your partner, do the following:
a) Reread your designated section (that I will assign).
b) Choose two vocabulary words you find worth learning, read the sentence it is in, and define the word.
c) Paraphrase your section.
d) How does your section fit into the rest of the article? Why is it an important component?
Monday, August 29, 2016
What do the words "catastrophic" and "befall" mean in the following phrase?
harm that can
their most prized possession: the mind"
Thursday, August 25, 2016
What do you think the phrase "depth of knowledge" means?
Warm-ups & Activities
Tuesday, August 30, 2016
What is the difference between informal and formal? Give me at least 3 examples of each in any scenario.
Wednesday, August 31, 2016
What do you think the following terms mean:
1. Growth Mindset
2. Fixed Mindset
*Note: Exercise your brain! Take a guess! You have no clue?
You're not using your brain enough!
Thursday, September 1, 2016
How do you deal with frustration? What are some techniques you use to handle your frustration?
Happy Friday! September 2, 2016
Define the following terms:
2. vocabulary acquisition & use
3. informational text