Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Grendel Chapter 3 The Gemini
Transcript of Grendel Chapter 3 The Gemini
The Gemini A battle-ax can be considered a symbol because it is dual sided.
It could have been any weapon
but the author chose to use this
The battle-ax is seen a lot In this chapter.
And is the weapon of choice for all the warriors. “It wasn’t because he threw that battle-ax that I turned on Hrothgar”(30) People who are born from May 21-June 21
are born with the Gemini sign. "It was late spring. Every sheep and goat had its wobbly twins" (44) Gemini are versatile, superficial, and inventive which all become party of the Gemini's dual nature.
The character Shaper represents all these characteristics; he is so skilled at arguing that he could argue whatever side he chooses and win. The Shaper http://zodiac-signs-astrology.com/zodiac-signs/gemini.htm The End The sign of the Gemini are the twins.
The twins represent split personalities. Gemini Strength Keywords:
- Adaptable Gemini Weakness Keywords:
- Indecisive http://www.bookrags.com/notes/gre/QUO.html http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/grendel/ John Gardner, Grendel The late spring would still be Taurus and the sheep having twins would allude to the beginning of Gemini. "Thus I fled, ridiculous hairy creature torn apart by poetry crawling, whimpering, streaming tears, across the world like a two headed beast" Grendel's state of mind is relevant to the Gemini because of what he says at the end of the chapter, comparing himself to a two headed beast. The twins part would be the two heads, but it has one body. This would signify that he is one person but is torn apart by two completely different beliefs. That would be a mental or emotional connection to the Zodiac sign.