Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Terracotta Town
- Choose a building to base your design on
- Consider the size, shape and purpose of your building
- Take notice of the details, windows, doors, shutters, siding, roofing, window boxes, address numbers
- Sketch out the structure!
Creating a template
Once your sketch is ready, its time to start making your templates. These templates will become the paper pattern that you will trace exactly for each piece of slab clay. You MUST use a ruler and make your your pieces match up!
- Create a SLAB built house or building structure
- Design your structure based on a REAL building that includes details
- Use paper templates to plan and scale your exact design
- Transfer template pieces to clay slabs for construction
- Use the slip and scoring method strength in your construction!
Once your man structure is built, add the details. These can be make from slabs or coils but must be slipped and scored together. Details can also be added by carving the leather hard clay.
1. flatten out your clay
2. roll out to an even thickness
3. using your template, trace out
your shape and cut using a ruler!
4. slip and score the
edges that meet
5. support your seems
with a coil
After firing, you will paint the structure, adding additional details.
*consider adding an opening in the back or bottom so a light can be added!