Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cosplay: A guide
Transcript of Cosplay: A guide
What is Cosplay?
(From Urban Dictionay) Cosplay:
It is a word that has it's root in costume play. It is both a noun and a verb. Cosplay can mean the actual costume, as well as the action of wearing it
Contrary to popular belief, many cosplayers (well over 98%) do not believe they are the characters they are "cosplaying" as. Cosplays are typically worn to anime, comic, and videogame conventions.
Why do people do it?
Cosplay is a hobby, much like people collect stamps and coins, write write code and fix computers, go hunting, scuba diving, dancing, and any other hobby you can think of. It has the ability to pull something straight out of fiction, and in a way, make it real, something that a lot of regular, everyday people, would think to be close to impossible. It is something that is fun, rewarding, and makes the person think and work their way around obstacles.
- Cosplay is not for children. It is not like Halloween, where little children who bought costumes strut around in the streets. It is an art form which actually requires skill, and the finished product is worn to a convention (which lasts for about 1-3 days) to usually enter into a contest OR just wear for fun and make friends.
- A person who constructs and wears cosplay does NOT think he or she is the character they have chosen to cosplay as. Rather, the character is simply favored by the crafter, and he or she thought that cosplaying that character would be fun and challenging.
- People who cosplay are not people who lack socializing skills, have no life, or live in their parent's attic/basement. They are normal, everyday people, who just bear different interests than other people. There could be a hard working buisnessman or college student that you know, and one day you just spot walking into a convention center or hotel wearing a suit... of armor from that new videogame that came out a month ago.
This is the Brotherhood of Steel variation of the Power Armor from the iconic video game series
. The images on the left is a full display of the model for the armor, as well a model for the standard laser rifle. The image to the right is a detailed, accurate cosplay, built from fairly cheap material. Take note of the careful craftsmanship that would seem impossible.
This is the character Myobi from the popular Japanese manga (comic), Alichino. On the left you see an image of Myobi, a benevolent Alichino, who serves the main character of the story. On the right, is a cosplay of Myobi constructed completely with detail by famous cosplayer Yaya Han.
To put it simply, I would like to start this as a hobby. June 6th- 8th of 2014 is one of the most well conventions held right here in Dallas, TX, A-KON Dallas. For the past five years I have known of it, I have not been able to attend, even as dressed normally. This year, I intend to to do more than that. I plan on entering the annual Cosplay Contest as well. I have my idea in mind and have taken the last few days the to work out the the challenges to build the cosplay. I can say with a confident mind that I have been able to solve the bulk of the problems that I am to face. The only problems left is the materials for constrution, which requires funds, and the completion of the cosplay.
This is Zero, a main character in the iconic Mega Man video game series, who makes his debut in Mega Man X. Impossible, but from what I have presented to you in the previous slides, it is just the opposite.