Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Social Media Intergration in Residence Life: A Love Story....
Transcript of Social Media Intergration in Residence Life: A Love Story....
Crossing the divide between the department and the students: meeting them where they are
Quick and easy
Free marketing, free publicity
More likelihood of reaching a larger audience
Have an online reference and scrapbook of what took place during the year. http://www.facebook.com/msstate.housing Possible Issues and Things to be Aware of with Negative Posts and How to Handle Them True feelings: increased anonymity means increased truth and negativity
One of two ways: all public or all private: If You Haven't Started Yet, How to Get Started: 1. Form a team with well versed social media people
2. Set realistic goals for completion and launch of your FB/Twitter pages
3. Use other University's as references
4. Speak to your PR department and Communications Department
5. Use your University resources and other departments on campus
6. Do a video of each hall on campus and have a public launching
7. Constantly monitor your pages. Don't start it and let it fall behind.
8. Post pertinent and relevant things happening in your department. Hall Videos http://twitter.com/msstate_housing Socialnomics: The value created and shared via social media and its efficient influence on outcomes [economic, political, relational, etc.].
Simply put: Word of Mouth on Digital Steroids! Facebook topped Google for weekly traffic in the US
Over 50%of the worlds population is under 30 years
What happens in Vegas….stays on facebook, twitter etc.
If facebook were a country it would be the 3rd largest in the world
There are more twitter followers than the populations of some countries
1.5 million real farmers. 80 million Farmville farmers
We don’t have a choice on whether we Do Social Media, the question is how well do we do it