Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Phonics Training July 2013
Transcript of Phonics Training July 2013
Use phonic language
Careful with pronunciation
Phonics Training September 2015
*Rose report recommended that we teach phonics in small discrete sessions.
*We set the children according to ability across the whole phase.
*Phonics must be multi-sensory and active, catering for all VAKE learners.
*review, teach, practice, apply
Over to you...
Share a time that Phonics has worked well for you or give someone an idea from a great Phonics session that you have delivered.
* learn letter sounds
* learn letter formation- in line with school handwriting
* learn how to blend
* learn how to segment (these skills are reversible)
* identify the sounds in words
* read and spell tricky words
Key things to think about
Recapping on sounds
Blending for reading
Segmenting for spelling
Don't forget to use the silent hand signal
Kagan structures are excellent for Phonics,
Quiz, quiz, trade, running reporter, all write round robin, peer coaching, numbered head togethers
Teach sounds in order shown.