Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is Art?
Transcript of What is Art?
enjoying something for its beauty and pleasurable qualities
is made from
A. Fine Art
Art that has no everyday function. Valued in terms of visual pleasure, communicating ideas or feelings.
B. Applied Art
design or decoration of functional objects to make them pleasing to the eye.
iii. Interior Design
iv. Clothing Design
a. Fine Art categories.
subject easily recognizable
to the public.
subject does not resemble anything in the real world.
Fine vs. Applied
1. In your own words, define art.
2. In your own words, define aesthetic experience.
3. What is the difference in fine art and applied art?
4. What is the difference in traditional art and abstract art?
A. Traditional B. Abstract
1. Define art.
2. Define terms used when discussing art.
3. Categorize the different types of art.
A. Traditional B.Abstract
2. Which artwork was painted by an adult artist, and which was painted by a child artist? EXPLAIN YOUR ANSWER IN A COMPLETE SENTENCE.
3. Which artwork is more valuable? EXPLAIN YOUR ANSWER IN A COMPLETE SENTENCE.
1. Define Art.
BW #1 Tuesday, 8/14/18
iii. still life