Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Hypertensive Disorders & Pregnancy
Transcript of Hypertensive Disorders & Pregnancy
July 30, 2013
Dr. Nolte (AKA Taff)
Simple Triage Questions
1. Chronic Hypertension (CHTN)
2. Gestational Hypertension (GHTN)
3. Preeclampsia (PreE)
Chronic Hypertension (CHTN)
1. Diagnosis of HTN prior to pregnancy
2. Two elevated BP before 20 wks EGA
- >6 hours apt
- SBP - 140 mmHg or >
- DBP - 90 mmHg or >
1. On Meds?
2. Mild or Severe?
Gestational Hypertension (GHTN)
1. Not CHTN
2. Two Elevated BP
- SBP 140 mmHg or >
- DBP 90 mmHg or >
- >6 hrs apart
- @ 20 wks gest age or >
24 hour urine protein
- 300 mg or greater, but less than 5 grams
Persistent 1+ (30 mg/dL) on dipstick
Random protein:creatinine ratio >30 mg/mmol
Definition: tonic-clonic seizure due to preeclampsia or gestational HTN
Definition: severe symptomatic elevation in BP with evidence of acute target organ damage
Practice as if you work in isolation
30 minute rule
Blood Pressure Ranges:
Mild: SBP 140 mmHg - 159 mmHg
DBP 90 mmHg - 109 mmHg
Severe: SBP 160 mmHg or >
DBP 110 mmHg or >
DBP 105 mmHg or >
Mild or Severe?
Simple Triage questions:
BP - mild or severe range?
Sx of end organ failure