Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Topic Sentence
it contains some form of judgement and the
paragraph will support the opinion in the topic sentence.
example: The computer is the greatest invention of the 20th century. 2. A statement of intent
it contains no opinion;instead, it informs the reader of what will be objectively explained by paragraph.
example: The common seasoning monosodium glutamae (MSG) has negative side effects. 3 Guidelines for topic sentence:
1. Must be a complete sentence to perform all necessary functions.
weak: Some type of birth control should be provided by schools.
better: To prevent unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted disease, schools should provide every form non- prescriptions birth control available.
2. Must predict or promise what follows, so it cannot be a question.
weak: Should school provide free for their students?
better: Since school should assist students in their studies and prepare them for their future careers, they must offer students the technological advantage of free and easy access to computers.
3. It needs to be clear and specific, so that it cannot predict and summarize the rest of the paragraph.
weak: Public transits is terrible.
better: Incapable of providing reliable, comfortable service, the Francisco Muncipal Transmit system is failing its ridership. sources: http://jonsenglishsite.info/topicsentence.htm