Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of STRESSSSSSS! ;)
STRESS AWARENESS STRESS LEVELS The threat, event or change are commonly called STRESSORS.
Stressors can be internal (thoughts, beliefs, attitudes) or
external (loss, tragedy, change). Stress is your mind and body’s response
or reaction to a real or imagined threat,
event or change. Eustress or positive stress
occurs when your level of stress is
high enough to motivate you into
action - accomplishment ALARM STAGE If you perceive something to be stressful,
psychological changes occur in your body. * Cardiac - Increased heart rate
* Respiratory - Increased respiration
* Skin - Decreased temperature
* Hormonal - Adrenal rush
* Gain an awareness of TWO aspects of stress
* Increase knowledge of both the short and long term
effects of stress on our mental, emotional and physical
* Increase awareness of how to recognise signs of
stress in self and others
* Increase awareness of the different ways stress
impacts on the individual LEARNING OBJECTIVES Distress or negative stress occurs when your level
of stress is either too high or too low and your
body and/or mind begin to respond negatively to
the stressors (overdrive or shut down) EXAMPLES DISTRESS BAD This experience or perception disrupts your body’s
normal balance and immediately your body begins
to respond to the stressor(s) as effectively as
possible 3 GROUP EXAMPLES HOW DOES YOUR BODY REACT? It is important to learn how stress affects you because it will help you figure out what coping techniques work best for you. It will also enable you to avoid resorting to unhealthy habits. Help and Advice
BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION: http://www.bhf.org.uk/search/results.aspx?m=simple&q=stress&subcon=BHF_main_site EUSTRESS 3 GROUP EXAMPLES GOOD