Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Linking and Helping Verbs
Transcript of Linking and Helping Verbs
Subject, Verb and
Object of a Sentence
Linking Verbs are used to connect the
the subject of the sentence to more
information about the subject.
A Helping verb is an non-action verb that
comes before the main verb to form a
Subject - Who or What the Sentence is about
a small girl.
There are 23 helping verbs.
Multiple helping verbs can be used together.
may might must be
being been am are
is was were do
does did should could
would have had has
will can shall
Grow Look Prove
Remain Smell Sound
Taste Turn Stay
Get Appear Feel
Am Is Are
Was Were Has
Verb - What the subject is doing or links Subject and Object
Object - Tells more information about the subject or what they are doing
The man ran the Boston Marathon.
Make your own Madlibs
Create your own madlibs to swap with a partner!
You MUST use ALL of the
following at least twice:
At least one noun/pronoun must be plural
At least one possessive
Two types of verb tense (past, present or future)
Subject, Verb, Object
1. Fanny should have been walked today.
Verb (linking, helping, action)?
2. Charlie jumped in excitement.
3. Darcie is an amazing artist.
5. Lauren appears to be sad.
4. Ashley and her boyfriend drove to the store.
Patty moved to Texas.
7. Rick remained behind at the house.
8. The donkey kicked his owner.
9. American Idol is Joanne's favorite show.
10. George would sing his heart out.
Check your answers!!