Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Louis Prima
Jose Archan - Joscelyne Atwood - Ryan Ballasteros - Derek Liu - Cole Rinehart
Las Vegas & Tahoe
1990's Swing Revival
- 22 piece orchestra
- Played swing
- Wrote and performed music
- Brought a interest to Italian culture through music and references
Louis Prima Band
Does this sound familiar?
Also composed "Angelina", "Jump, Jive, an' Wail"
Co-composing with numerous artists
Disney's Jungle Book
-1910 New Orleans
- Trained concert violinist, until 15.
- Switched to trumpet, due to lack of sensitivity needed for violin
- 1934 left New Orleans, moved to "Big Time" New York City
- Walt Disney approached Prima in 1966 to assist in "The Jungle Book"
- He became the voice of "King Louis," the orangutan
- The film was nominated for an Oscar
- Prima received a gold album for the sound-track recording
"Gap" & "Khakis Swing".
Late 90's impact
"Louis Prima." LouisPrima.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2015.
Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2015.
"Louis Prima, Keely Smith And 'That Old Black Magic'" NPR. NPR, n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2015.
"He's Loud, He's Brash, He's Louis Prima Jr." Las Vegas Review-Journal. N.p., 03 May 2013. Web. 17 Mar. 2015.