Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Disco-Dance Assignment
-Disco is usually performed at: shows and night time rock concerts
-It is performed for mainly entertainment
- Allows people to socialize - Some people do disco for competitions.
Now we will perform our short 1 min and 5 second disco choreography!
- Generally have echoed and vibrated vocals over a steady four
on the floor beat.
-Instruments create an upbeat background sound.
- Well know late disco performers include ABBA,
The Bee Gees, The Trammps and Jackson 5.
By Jenny, Maya, Cailyn, Amrutha and Julie
The main dance associated with this era was disco. It mostly looks like this:
We give credits to:
Clothing worn at discos
- Fashion is the 1970 were daring, bold and diverse
- Designed to show off the body under the disco lights.
The Bee Gees
The quality of movements and characteristic techniques
The historical background of the 1970s. The dance performed during this time was disco.
-It originated from the African-Americans.
-The dance mainly came from soul and punk music.
-It became very popular around urban centers.
-Also became known by the 1977 movie 'Saturday Night Fever' .
-Music was mainly dictated by DJs
-Became less popular with the upcoming of various other dance styles like hip hop, and break dance.
-Disco dance movements are sharp and affective .
-Freestyle, with a partner, or in a line dance formation.
-Hip and pelvic moves
-Performed in time to the beat of the music.
- "Cha cha."