Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Meditation
What are the Benefits of Meditation?
Meditation has different health benefits such as:
- Improves immune system
Mediation has many benefits for your brain, like:
Easier to remove bad habits
But today we will be talking about anxiety and emotional balance.
Health Benefits of Meditation
Introduction To Meditation
Stress leads to inflammation, which is linked to heart disease, arthritis, asthma and skin conditions such as psoriasis. Relaxation can help prevent and treat the symptoms. At McGill University in Canada they found that mediation may improve psoriasis.
Improves Immune System
If the immune system is weak, the human body will fail to operate normally. Meditation is a holistic approach to strengthen the immune system. Scientific data proves that positive effects of meditation are good on the body and mind.
Meditation has increased in popularity in the last 10 years. Scientists have studied many benefits of meditation. There are over 100 benefits of mediation. Today we will be sharing a few of them.
One benefit of meditation is that it reduces aging. Meditation slows aging by reducing stress. Stress is a significant cause of aging, because it drags down the immune system, affects digestion and degrades your quality of sleep. Meditation can calm the body, mind and spirit.
By: Alex, Daphne, Nadia, Tait
How The Corporate World Uses Meditation
10 to 20% increase in employee satisfaction
12% improvement in customer satisfaction
50% improvement in employee communication, collaboration, conflict management, and coaching.
How Meditation Relaxes The Mind
What Is Chakra?
- Groundings, Physical Needs, Survival
Chakra is each of the centers of spiritual power in the human body
- Emotions, Relationship, Self Worth, Creativity
- Personal Power, Will, Energy, Self Esteem, Happiness
- Love, Understanding, Trust, Hope, Compassion, Forgiveness
- Communication, Sound, Self-Expression, Speaking, Listening, Writing
- Channeling, Visions, Connections to Higher Self
- All Knowing, The God Source, Gateway to Other Dimensions
The Chakra also has another meaning:
Psychological Benefits of Mediation
Thirty minutes of meditation a day can help people reduce stress. To effectively release anxiety, we need to activate the body's natural relaxation response. You can do this by practicing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing and meditation. By doing these activities daily, you can help reduce everyday stress and boost your energy and mood.
Other Benefits of Mediation
Improved flow of air to the lungs resulting in easier breathing.
Relaxes nervous system
Less energy wasted
Helps with weight loss
Lowers oxygen consumption
Emotions are how we feel about things.
We all have good and bad feelings in our lives. Emotional balance is when you are getting the balance right. This means we can feel happy and joyful about our lives.
Different Types of Meditation