Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Isabel Allende
Fled Chile in '75 due to
military coup Criticisms The House of the Spirits (1982)
La Gorda de Porcelana (1984)
Of Love and Shadows (1985)
Eva Luna (1987)
The Stories of Eva Luna (1989)
The Infinite Plan (1991)
Daughter of Fortune (1999)
Portrait in Sepia (2000)
City of the Beasts (2002) My Invented Country (2003)
Kingdom of the Golden Dragon (2004)
Forest of the Pygmies (2005)
Inés of My Soul (2006)
The Sum of Our Days (2008)
Island Beneath the Sea (2010)
Maya’s Notebook (2013) Recognition Hans Christian Anderson Literature Award
Cyril Magnin Lifetime Achievement Award
Daughter of Fortune on Oprah's Book List
House of Spirits adapted into a movie
Latin-American Flag Bearer for 2006 Olympics Themes Abandoned her machismo culture
Receives negative reviews in Chile
Racial and Social Identities
Oppression of Women
Empowerment of Women “[When] asked to choose between the frying pan and the fire, I choose Isabel Allende…her writing ranges from the kitsch to the pathetic and reveals her as a kind of Latin American and politically correct version of the author of The Valley of the Dolls...”
- Roberto Balano Praised for her "feminist literature and imaginative realism" Novels loose meaning and depth due to translation Bibliography 1) Allende, Isabel. “Biography.” Isabel Allende Official Website. N.p., 2013. Web. 17 April 2013.
2) Allende, Isabel. “Summary of Biography.” Isabel Allende Official Website. N.p., 2013. Web. 17 April 2013.
3) André, María Cluadia. "Breaking Through the Maze: Feminist Configurations of the Heroic Quest in Isabel Allende's Daughter of Fortune and Portrait in Sepia." Latin American Literary Review 30.60 (2002): 74. Academic Search Premier. Web. 21 Apr. 2013.
4) Balano, Roberto. "Between Parenthesis: Essays, Articles and Speeches, 1998-2003." New York: New Directions, 2011. Print.
5) Rodden, John. "Conversations with Isabel Allende." University of Texas Press, 2004. Print.