Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of PHYSICS
By: Emilie Edmonds
Friction in Bowling
Bowling lanes are oiled to reduce friction between the ball and lane to increase the speed
The lane is oiled less at the end so the ball will spin.
Frictional Force Equation
A force that opposes motion (tries to stop motion) between two surfaces
Force that opposes the start of motion
Force that opposes motion between moving surfaces
Normal Force=Weight in Newtons
W=mg [mass x gravity (9.81 m/s )]
Plug in known information into frictional force equation
Friction of Oiled and Dry Lanes
= Frictional force
μ = Coefficient of Friction
= Normal force
Data chart showing
the different sizes
of bowling balls and
their friction on the lanes
the Friction to the
weight of the ball
Bowling Lane Diagram