Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Adolf Hitler
and Jennifer Chen His Legacy -Improved economy: almost everyone was employed by 1939 Birth of Hitler Born on April 20, 1889 in Braunau am Inn, Austria How Hitler Died - German politician born in Austria
- Founder and leader of the Nazi Party
- Chancellor of Germany from 1933-1945 Childhood -Whipped and beat by his father -Attended school in Fishchlham -Took singing lessons and sang at church choirs -Moved to Passau when he was 3 Youth - Quit school at 16 in 1905 - Edmund, Hitler's younger brother, died from measles - Was sent to a technical school, which he hated - Went to Vienna at 18 to become an artist - Alois, Hitler's father, died in 1903 Adult - 1909: homeless and penniless - 1913: moved to Munich - Enlisted in Bavarian Army during WWI --> became passionate German Patriot - Klara, Hitler's mother, died in 1907 - Worked as a casual laborer and as a painter selling watercolors Bad Good Terror - Secret Police (Gestapo) and shooting squads - Killed anyone who was anti-Nazi Propaganda - Radio, posters, cinema, rallies and media to make every German pro-nazi - Took away all the media that were not pro-Nazi - Got Germans to believe that all Jews were evil Popularity - Earned German public's trust after the loss of WWI - Successful economics and foreign policies - Charismatic speaker (told people what they wanted to hear) -Suicided on April 30, 1945 in an air raid shelter in Berlin.
-Germany was losing World War II Loved the circus Refused to use cologne or any scents on his body Interesting Facts Watched foreign films that were banned Liked a few Jewish Singers Said "I might be killed by a criminal or by an idiot at any time" One of the most criticized men in history Appointed Admiral Karl Donitz as new president and Goebbels as new chancellor but Goebbels commited suicide Nazi Party and Nazism seen by most as evil "Adolf Hitler." Adolf Hitler. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Jan. 2013.
"Adolf Hitler." Biography. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Jan. 2013.
BBC News. BBC, n.d. Web. 25 Jan. 2013.
"The Death of Adolf Hitler." The Death of Adolf Hitler. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Jan. 2013.
"HolocaustÂ Facts." About.com 20th Century History. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Jan.
"Nazi Germany - Adolf Hitler." Nazi Germany - Adolf Hitler. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Jan. 2013.
"Neatorama." Neatorama. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Jan. 2013.
"World War 2 Adolf Hitler Timeline Part Three." World War II Adolf Hitler Timeline. N.p., n.d.
Web. 25 Jan. 2013. <http://www.world-war-2-diaries.com/world-war-ii-adolf-hitler.html>. Bibliography Things he did that were ... -Invaded many countries
Eg. Poland in 1939 which led to World War II -May 10, 1933: burned 25000 non-German books
-July 14, 1933: banned all other political parties in Germany
-April 26, 1933: secret police formed
-> est. 11million people killed
->ghettos, concentration camps,
extermination camps, etc. -Set up KdF (rewards for work) -Public works; autobahn (1935), new schools and hospitals -1933: gave order to develop a volkswagon "people's car" -Germany was strong and successful -Gave people hope and confidence - Safe and no crime