Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Interviewing Tips
Interview Tips to Succeed
Making a Great First Impression
Slumping, slouching, and fiddling with your hair or clothes would make you appear as nervous or disinterested in the job.
Dress for Success
Clothing: Either wear a skirted suit or a pants suit. Wear colors that are neutral like black, white, beige, or navy blue.
Shoes: Wear closed toe shoes (open toe shoes are unacceptable). Stick to the color black or white.
Makeup: Go natural. Don't wear makeup that's too distracting.
Take it seriously
Act well behaved
Other Helpful Tips
- Be on time or 15 min. prior to the interview.
- Know the company and their information to be ahead and to ask any questions.
- Don't use any sarcastic humor and be cordial.
- Being silent is always a good thing, speak up and communicate with the interviewer.
- Dress appropriately suggesting you know what kind of work profession you're in.
Avoiding eye contact, crossing your arms across your chest, and glancing to the door frequently shows you are uncomfortable and unable to concentrate on what the interviewer is telling you.
Looking at your watch constantly
Talk a lot
Accessories: Pick a scarf or a piece of jewelry. Small stud pearl earrings or small hoops in gold or silver. Keep bracelets and necklaces inconspicuous.
Show you are interested in the interview by leaning slightly forward and making complete eye contact with the interviewer.
Do not use obscene or any profanity language. Also no slang because that shows you have not required any professional skills for the job.
What to wear
Look happy and smile. Don't have a bad attitude going to your interview and bringing negative energy.
Show your interviewer you want this job by looking eager and listening intently. Don't distract yourself by fiddling with objects.
Avoid filler words such as "um" and "like". This is unacceptable and inappropriate for job interview.
Hair: Should be well groomed and keep the color basic Keep your hair out of your face as much as possible.
Perfume: Don't wear to much and spray it 15 times. Either spray 2-3 times or don't wear it at all (that's why you take a shower).
"Helpful Interview Tips." The Josef Group RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Nov. 2013.
The Interview: Body Language Do's and
Don'ts." The Interview: Body Language Do's and Don'ts. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Nov. 2013.
"Job Interview 101 | Women For Hire." Women For Hire. N.p., 2013. Web. 14 Nov. 2013.
Doyle, Alison. "What Not to Wear on an Interview." About.com Job Searching. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Nov. 2013.