Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Religion Assignment
- Today we use this commandment to portray how Christians believe and worship only one God, unlike other religions.
- As Christians, we are supposed to put God first in our lives. Most of us do, however some Christians put money and celebrities before God. This is referred to as consumerism and materialism. 2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God, in vain.
- In our society, we should respect the name of God as we honour him in our everyday lives. This means that we should appreciate God for what He has done for us by showing Him that we respect Him.
- A modern example would be when people say "I swear to God" or "I promise to God". Saying 'yes' is enough for people to believe you, therefore there is no need to promise or swear against His name. 3. Remember to keep holy the Sabbath Day.
- As Christians, the Sabbath Day is a Sunday and we refer to it as our holy day where we celebrate the Body of Christ in mass.
- The creation of the universe lasted for 6 days and as mentioned in the bible, God rested on the seventh day and this is why we attend mass on Sunday.
- Most Christians attend mass on Sunday and devote that day to God.
4. Honour your father and mother.
- This is an important commandment as it should be applied in every Christian’s life. God gave us fathers and mothers to nurture us and provide us with all the necessities needed in life. In return we are expected to give this respect to our parents like Jesus did.
- In today’s society and generation , there is a quantity of children who respect their parents and others who don’t. 5. You shall not kill
- You should not kill another human being, as they were created in God’s power and image. Killing is a mortal sin that you will be punished for by God if you are not repentant.
- A modern example is murder and the killing of a foetus in the form of abortion. We are not worthy to take one’s life. As it once was said, ‘If abortion was right, then what’s wrong with killing a man on the street’. 6. You shall not commit adultery.
- This commandment means to keep your marriage honest and trustful, without cheating on your partner. Marriage is one of the seven sacraments and should be kept faithful.
- Some Christians have a faithful and devotional marriage, however some couples cheat on each other and this causes divorce. In the Catholic Church, getting divorced is frowned upon unless there is a specific reason for example if the spouse has passed away. 7. You shall not steal.
- You shouldn’t steal and desire what does not belong to you as God taught us to resist temptation and turn to him because temptation leads to sin.
- A modern day example is stealing things at school to fit in. Stealing small or large things, will leave both you and your conscience feeling guilty.
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.
- You should not lie or intentionally blame someone you know for something they didn’t do. This means accusing someone for a crime they did not commit, or something little, e.g. eating someone’s lollipop and blaming someone else.
- A modern day example would be when you blame someone for hitting your car when you know they didn’t, just so that you can take the blame away from yourself.
9. You shall not covet your neighbour’s belongings.
- Do not desire what others have, but instead be thankful for what you have. Everybody has a reason and purpose in life, and therefore receives what is intended for them by God.
- A modern day example is when you desire your neighbour's car, which is the latest car, and is better than yours. 10. You shall not covet your neighbour’s wife.
- Do not desire your neighbour’s wife, even if you are single because she is married and devoted to her husband. The sacrament of love and marriage is given by God only to love one person and that person only.
- A modern day example is when you feel lust towards someone else’s wife and disrespect their husbands and the wife’s body.