Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Problem Solving Approach
Transcript of Problem Solving Approach
(Intro & Problem Definition)
(Divide And Conquer)
(Analysis) Lets' Start with A Problematic Surgeon John A Story of and when he woke up..... John was wasted!! One Night... Three Main Problems 2. Sick Patient 1. Get to Work 3. Girlfriend's Birthday 3. Divide & Conquer When ? ER ER Paravaa Illa!!! Means-End Analysis PURPOSE Identify Our Methodology Solution Analogy What is analogy problem solving? Use of experience Modification Unfortunately, a patient was diagnosed with..... a cancerous growth John remembered a Story Creative Unorthodox Critical Evaluation Are these methods that good? Weakness Opportunities Strengths Threats Why SWOT? W eakness Analogy O pportunities Analogy T W pportunities O hreats T Means-End Analysis Means-End Analysis eakness W pportunities O hreats T Divide &
Conquer Divide Conquer & Divide &
Conquer Starting Point Known Point Destination Outcome Mini-goals Current State Means Refining SWOT SWAT Analysis C.O.M.M - R When do we use ? eakness Means-End Analysis S trengths Divide &
Conquer Analogy Means-End Analysis SWORD No How to make an analogy? An obstacle which hinders the achievement of a particular goal.
It exists when an individual becomes aware of a significant difference between what actually is and what is desired. Problem What does your situation remind you of? What other areas of life/work experience similar situations? Who does similar things but not in your area of expertise? Examples Running a business is like managing a theatre productuion Changing a tyre is like putting your shoes on This packaging is like an egg Steps 1. Make an analogy A Little deeper inside a ‘problem’ 2. Use the analogy as a stimulus For the previous examples:
1. A theatre production is split into two halves. Do we need to split our sales team into two sections: pre-sales and after-sales?
2. You re-tie your shoelaces when you feel they are loose. Can we incorporate a sensor in the car wheel which will alert the driver if a wheel is loose?
3. The chick in the egg slowly drains the white of the egg as it grows. Can we have a device on the packaging that visually shows how long before its sell-by-date by changing colour with time? Not Lost!! Using analogy as a stimulus to get ideas Bukan Masalah!!! pas de problème hreats Analogy 沒問題 沒問題 沒問題 Lets return to the story... Activity Time!!! Q & A Thank You