Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
commerce and slave trade compromise
Transcript of commerce and slave trade compromise
suji and ashley
allowed congress to regulate interstate and foreign commerce
including taxes on foreign imports but not any exports
cause of the compromise
southern states were danger power
Northern states wanted the central government to regulate interstate commerce and foreign trade.
Also southern was afraid export taxes on agriultural products such as tobacco and rice.
an agreement during the constitutional convention of 1787 protecting the interest - of slaveholders by forbidding congress the power to tax the export of goods from any state.
basically the are not going to deal with slave trade for the next 20 years because they have so many problem