Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Spanish: Commands
Hable a Sue. Speak with Sue. Formal Informal Irregular Negative The 3rd person plural is similar to the 3rd person singular. The -ar verbs end in -en and the -er/-ir verbs end in -an. Examples: Compren los libros. (You all)Buy the books.
Hagen el trabajo. (You all)Do the work. Conjugation: -ar verbs end in -emos
-er/-ir verbs end with -amos Examples: Comamos allí. Let's eat there.
Contemos el dinero. Let's count the money. Vamos + a +infinitive Examples: Vamos a trabajar juntos. Let's work together.
Vamos a bailar. Let's dance. Yo Simply conjugate to the present tense yo form. The ending will be -o. NOTE: If the yo form is irregular, then the other formal command tenses are changed. Start with the yo form of the present tense, then drop the -o ending and add the proper end after that. Examples:Tengan un buen viaje. (yo tengo) Have a good trip.
Traiga el dinero. (yo traigo) Bring the money.
Venga conmigo. (yo vengo) Come with me. Tú Examples: Escribe la tarea. (You) Do the homework.
Compra los libros. (You) Buy the books.
Come la patata. (You) Eat the potato. The tú command form is the same as the present él/ella/usted form. The verb endings do NOT flip. Examples: No escriba. Don't write. (usted)
No hablen. Don't speak. (ustedes)
No comamos. Let's not eat. (nosotros) When in the negative informal(i.e. the tú form), you must change the conjugation. Instead of conjugating in the present 3rd person singular, -ar verbs end in -es and -er/-ir verbs in -as. Examples: No cuentes tus beneficios. Don't count your blessings.
No hables más lentamente. Don't speak more slowly. Irregular Examples dar: dé (Ud.) den (Uds.)
estar: esté (Ud.) estén (Uds.)
ir: vaya (Ud.) vayan (Uds.)
ser: sea (Ud.) sean (Uds.)
saber: sepa (Ud.) sepan (Uds.) Quiz 1. What is the 3rd person plural command conjugation for hablar?
2. Is hacer a regular or irregular verb when it comes to commands?
3. Translate the sentence: Let's run in the park.
4. Translate the previous sentence in another way.
5. True or False. If a verb is irregular in the present yo form, the command conjugations are different. Activity Pick a representative. Have him/her command another table to study. This will be 3rd person plural. Have the person opposite the rep. use tell one person at your table to sing. Use either the usted or tu form. The person to the right of the rep. now will invite the entire table to dance. This will be in the nosotros form. Finally, if there is a remaining person, have him/her tell someone not to write. Irregular Informal Decir Di Hacer Haz Ir Ve Ser Sé Poner Pon Venir Ven Tener Ten Salir Sal Reflexive Nosotros Commands When using affirmative reflexive verbs, remove the “s” from the end of the subjunctive nosotros form of the verb, and add the reflexive pronoun “nos” to the end of the verb. There will always be an accent! Examples: Sentarse → Nos sentemos → Sentémonos Irse → Nos vayamos → Vayámonos