Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
CORPORATE COMMUNICATION IN THE 21st Century
Transcript of CORPORATE COMMUNICATION IN THE 21st Century
Signage in the 21stC
New Business Environment.
- Increased competition
- Rapidly emerging technologies
- Dynamic: Less stability and certainty
- Global Markets & Stakeholders
- Greater preoccupation with CSR
3 CHALLENGES for CC professionals
Clearly Communicated Organisational Culture
Keeping Up With Trends
Rapidly Changing Social Values
Communicate something about their goals, values and ethos through CC signage
- CORPORATE STORIES
Different Types of Organisations
Names and Signs that endure across time and different cultures
KEY FEATURES OF CC SIGNAGE
EVOLUTION OF SIEMENS LOGO
Formerly: Siemens & Halske
TREFOIL LOGO (1971)
Organisations therefore consistently strive to keep up with trends and
their brand image
Brand logos are imbued
with local and global
that must be continually validated over time
"World Mark" (2005)
Organisations will feel pressures from its
External Environment from time to time
that require them to
adapt to changing Social Values
"McDonald's UK beef patties
are made from 100%
British and Irish beef cattle."
"THINK GLOBAL, ACT LOCAL"
Dove Real Beauty Campaign
- Adapted to suit the Middle Eastern Market
Brand Image Management
Kate Moss dropped by 7 labels
after being photographed using drugs
Adidas Design by Graffiti Artist, Barry McGee
The New Business Environment presents important challenges for organisations, such as rapidly changing social values, CSR and expanding markets.
In the NBE
the use of
Corporate Communication Signage
...is of increasing importance
These signs clearly communicate and reinforce the organisational culture (i.e. spirit/ ethos) behind brands, to stakeholders
They also signify changes and adaptations made by an organisation
, as they work to continually validate themselves in increasingly competitive markets.
- Argue that in the NBE the use of CC signage is of increasing importance.
- Outline 3 important challenges that the dynamic NBE presents for organisations.
- Demonstrate how CC professionals use signage to adapt, reinforce and continually validate their organisational culture, across different countries and over time.
Continual Brand Validation
Signs that can be imbued with both local and global socio-cultural meanings
Not politically, culturally, religiously charged (unless it is intended e.g. political organisations, religious bodies etc.)