Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Bonnie's Prezi
Education in Athens
Sparta was very worried about being attacked so there education relied on toughness.
Education in Greece
Learning was one of the best ways you could spend your time in ancient Greece.
There is two ways of Education in Greece:
Formal: This was done in a school or was taught by a tutor
Informal: Was taught at home, by an unpaid teacher, or a slave.
Athens wanted to produce good citizens.
Boys were taught at home until they were about 7.
Then boys went to school and learned how to read and write.
After high school they went to military camp were they learned to be good warriors
Girls were not taught the same subjects boys.
Girls were taught:
Girls had to exercise a lot so their children would be healthy.
Girls were taught at home by there mothers or a private tutor.
The object was to prepare the girls to be a stay at home mom.
Education in Sparta
Girls physical Training
Schools In Ancient Greece
Only one teacher
Only wealthy kids could afford school
wrote on boards covered in wax
A gymnasia is a place where Greek youths went to physically train.
By: Bonnie Bowman