Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of DNA Replication
The percentages of G and C in a given DNA strand are equal.
The percentages of A and T in a given DNA strand are equal.
Aimed X-ray beams at DNA samples (X-Ray Diffraction) and recorded scattering pattern of the X-rays on film
This is true for all types of organisms!
The X-shaped pattern shown indicates that DNA is twisted
We call this structure a helix!
Francis Crick and James Watson
Used Franklin's patterns to deduce the 3-dimensional structure of DNA
DNA is a double helix!
Hydrogen bonds between the nitrogenous bases hold the two strands of DNA together in the center.
Adenine bonds to Thymine
Cytosine bonds to Guanine
Base Pairing follows Chargaff's Rules!
Two double-stranded DNA molecules result, each consisting of one old strand and one new strand.