Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Animal Migration
Ava- I learned that climate changes' around the world effect our ecosystem in many ways. In addition to learning about how polar bears manage to adapt, what really stood out to me was how many animals' lives are being lost. Although Animal migration can be positive, it is difficult to grasp the fact that so many species are slowly becoming extinct due to climate change.
Ireland- After completing this project I have learned many new facts about animal migration. For example, I did not know that migration was a necessity for so many animals and without it they could be impacted negatively. Also, I have learned that climate change drives animal migration.
Severe temperature changes due to global warming are causing the natural habitats of polar bear's to melt. For example, polar bears rely on glaciers to travel from place to place and to simply live and hunt prey. The glaciers are rapidly melting causing polar bears to swim extremely long distances. This unsafe environment leads to dangerous conditions and possibly death. This type of climate change is not only effecting polar bears but it is impacting the entire arctic ecosystem as well.
Other Affects of Climate Change
Polar bears population's are decreasing due to climate change and global warming. Also ice platforms are moving farther apart making it harder to migrate. Polar bears now have to swim a greater distance in more dangerous conditions.
Many animals migrate such as birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish, and even insects. For example, birds migrate because of the high increasing resources elsewhere or they migrate because of more efficient nesting locations. However, this presentation will provide information on polar bear migration.There are many factors that lead to the migration of polar bears, such as climate change in their natural habitats.
By: Ireland Applegarth and Ava Maurillo
What is Animal Migration?
Animal migration is the long distance movement of animals. It is done in all major animal groups and it is always completed for a purpose, such as unsafe habitats. In addition, there are positive and negative push and pull factors that lead to animal migration. Here are some examples of Animal Migration in this video.
This graph shows the level of sea ice decreasing. This means that a majority of the polar bear population is losing their homes as more years go on.
Article on Animal Migration
Click below to view an article on polar bears during animal migration.
Animal Migration Article Questions
1. What is the global population of polar bears?
2. What do polar bears do when the sea ice breaks up?
3. Why can’t polar bears just live on land?
4. Studies show that there will be about ________ sea level __________ for every degree of Celsius temperature __________
5. Name one factor that is leading to the extinction of polar bears.
6. What are your thoughts on the disappearance of polar bears due to climate change?