Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Hyperbole and Idiom
Transcript of Hyperbole and Idiom
2. She hung her head like a dying flower.
3. A new type of broom came out. It is sweeping the nation.
4. The ocean was a raging bull.
5. Sally was so tired from her business trip that she just wanted to click her heels together three times and be home.
6. Name the three types of irony.
What is Hyperbole? An overstatement or exaggeration of something used for special effect or humor. What is Idiom? Let's Practice! 1. Right now, I'm broke.
2. I could sleep for a year.
3. I've seen this movie at least 80,000 times.
4. This box weighs a ton.
5. You are driving me up the wall. Can you make a sentence with the following hyperbole? Example: I'm so hungry I could eat a horse. A phrase that has a special meaning different from the literal meaning of the actual words. Example: It's raining cats and dogs. Tell whether each sentence is hyperbole or idiom. Next, tell what each sentence means. Challenge Your Brain a heavy book
a funny girl Explain the meaning of these frequently used idioms. under the weather