Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
What is History?
Transcript of What is History?
WHAT IS HISTORY?
Every century begins with
1 and ends with a 00
to tell the diference between
the years before Christ's birth
A written record of important events
since people learned to write
Herodotus: the father of history
'How do things come to happen?'
He treated History as
A SEARCH FOR TRUTH
A Historian is like a detective
Detectives look for clues
Historians call these clues
Sources can be
Clues from the time we are studying are called
Clues from the time since the time we are studying are called
HISTORIANS USE BOTH TO FIND THE TRUTH
Evidence and information are vital for the truth
Learning from the past can change the future for better
things happened is also important
to put the right order on events