Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Mannheim Multihalle
Roof Architect: Biennial garden show Promoting economic growth in post WWII Mannheim What makes the
Mannheim Pavilion unique? structural complexity W. Langner and Carl Mutschler E. Happold and W. I. Liddell Frei Otto helium balloon suspended umbrellas stretched membranes form-found geometry how was this possible? Joint System rotating nodes free shear movement 5 x 5cm laths, adequate bending Wooden Laths stiff enough to hold up self-weight and membrane 60m 60m Height: 20m Cable ties Double grid layering Shear blocks Restraining Boundary how was this possible? Hanging chain model Pure compression Princeton University CEE 463 5cm 5cm 5cm 5cm 15cm 5cm