Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Stand By Me
Transcript of Stand By Me
- Independence and leadership
- Stood up for what's right
- Facing real danger
- See a dead body Lack of Father Figure - Grew up without one
- Desperately desire one
- Didn't even have siblings during these times
- Had to depend on friends for guidance Antagonists - Telemachus vs. the Suitors
- Gordie vs. Ace's Gang
- Disgustingly out of line
- Tough Appearance
- Asserting Authority URLs Similarites between Gordie and Telemachus which include their rite of passage journeys, lack of father figure, and antagonists. "So high and mighty, Telemachus...think again" (Homer 96). "If only [Odysseus] might drop from the clouds" (Homer 81). "That summer
at home I had become the invisible boy." "I was living in a small town...but to me it was the whole world." "Move Ace. I'll kill you I swear to God." Ace’s Gang:
Gordie and Chris:
Gordie with a Gun:
Stand By Me:
Telemachus and Pisistratus:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/db/Telemachus_departing_from_Nestor_-_Henry_Howard_-_Project_Gutenberg_eText_13725.jpg "Don't let me see more offenses in my house, not from anyone!" (Homer 420)