Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of CENSORSHIP
Censorship in the US raises issues of freedom of speech which is protected by the first amendment but does not protect against obscenity which can be censored.
China is tempting market for Facebook, which has been banned since 2009.
Censorship in History
The government was worried that people on the Home Front might grow disillusioned with the war, and that this could lead to defeat. For this reason, local officials used censorship and propaganda to maintain morale of citizens during the war. It was felt that keeping secret certain details which might cause people to lose hope would be best for the morale of the country.
the suppression or prohibition of any parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security.