Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Mean, Median and Mode
Transcript of Mean, Median and Mode
Retrieved on 14 April 2010
from: http://www.moveoncheshire.com/numeracy2/mean.htm There are 3 different ways to measure
the average of data.
Mean, median, and mode. We are going to learn them all today!! We're going to measure the length
of our hair (as is) and find the class
averages! 1. Get a friend to measure your hair
length to the nearest cm. 2. Write the length on the board. 3. Get out your workbook, and get ready
to find the averages!! Mean = Sum of all values Number of values Median is the middle number. Arrange all values in ascending order Find middle by crossing off outer values. Mode is the most common. Whichever number is repeated the most. Lady Gaga, (2010) ninemsn,
Retrieved 14 April 2010 from:
Ex 10.5, page 450
Q1 (every 3rd)
Q2, Q4 (every 3rd)
Q5 You have 5 minutes!! Line up from shortest to longest hair.
Then we'll find the median.