Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of 10 10/11
stop and jot
The process of assigning characteristics or personality traits to a character
The way a character looks, feels, or acts
Go to the back of the room and get your independent reading book
Take out your book log
Begin reading silently and independently
Tuesday, October 11th
Lucy was a kind and beautiful person.
Copy down the Lesson EQ
Respond to the following questions in your notes:
Have you ever had any nicknames? If so, what were they?
How did you get them?
What is characterization?
The teenaged boy kicked the elderly man as he was crossing the street, then ran away laughing.
What are the characters' names and what do they reveal about them?
What is the significance of a person's name in a community?
Respond to the Lesson EQ using evidence from the text.
How can an author use a character's name as evidence of characterization?