Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Man-Made Disasters
- Sociological hazards: Crime; Civil Disorders; Terrorism and War.
- Technological hazards: Industrial Disasters; Chemical Disaster, Biological Disasters, Radiological Disasters.
- Transportation hazards: Ocean Travel Disasters; Aviation Disasters; Rail Disasters; Road Disasters and Space Travel Disasters. How do man-made disasters occur? - Result of human intent
- Failed Systems
- Deliberate Actions Natural Political Economic Social - Aid devices must be organized to assist affected areas
- Government must assist in re developing affected areas
- Government must support and help affected areas - Man-Made disasters affect the environment
- Death of Animals in the eco-system
- Specific Man-made disasters affect the oxygen and air
- Specific Man-made disasters damage tree's and plants ect. - Damage Costs from disaster
- Location of the disaster
- homelessness rate would rise
- Price of living would increase
- Depending on location, resources may become harder to purchase - Community becomes affected and disorientated
- Affects families and friends
- Unable to exercise and socialise in affected areas
- Becomes difficult to communicate with others in different areas Whitney, Jack, Miguel and Luay -Garbage is pollution from all over the
-Major impact on the marine life
-Between California and Hawaii
-Started small around 1988
-People are unsure on the definite size
-Affects from the bottom to the top of the food chain Case Study - Technological advances cause greater mistakes
- Mainly occurs around coastal cities, which have greater populations
- Industrialized areas are the major factor
- Occur on land and oil based terrains Where do Man-Made Disasters Occur? - Advancements cause more problems
- Trying to improve cause mistakes to learn from
- The pursuit to have a better live is a cause Conclusion Bibliography http://www.disasterium.com
http://www.riskmanagementmonitor.com/the-seven-strangest-man-made-disasters/ How do people respond to man made disasters? Humans feeling after the disaster.
How do they react
What role do adults play when the disaster occur