Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
KS Dept of Ed Presentation
Transcript of KS Dept of Ed Presentation
Bilingual Univision Team
Catch It Kansas Team
Urgency & Impact
Business Is Evolving
High-Tech not High-End
* Editing Software
* Delays, Pauses, etc.
* Shows shot on iPhone
* Story won't go away
* Never say "No comment"
* Opportunity to present your information
* Be responsive; let us know you know
* Don't just read a statement -- SPEAK! Look at camera!
* BE TRANSPARENT!!!!
* What is wrong. What you're doing about it. Why it won't happen again!
* It's all About Mobile
* Broadcast 24-7 online
* Social Media replaces scanner for news
* More Non-Traditional Sources?
* Is it Real or Fake News?
* Urgency & Impact
* NOW News
Facebook & Twitter
* Use @ for people
* Search #Hashtags
*NTSB, FAA -- good official data
LIVE IP Gear
Lessons to Learn:
* Good Grammar
* Active Writing
* Knowledge of Government
* How things work
* Be worldly -- current events
* Produce for web FIRST
* Impact & Urgency
* Run School FB Page
* Run school twitter acct.
* Video Production
* 30-second commercial
* Design an App
* 2-5 Min Daily Newscasts
* Mock Crash Idea
* Setup Stories
* Shoot B-Roll
*Engage on Facebook, Twitter
* Take still pics and videos, post
* Put together stories for several newscasts
* Live Shots
* Post Story Online/FB/Twitter
Seek Truth & Report It!
Hold Powerful Accountable
Share, Comment, Like
The Business Of TV -- Ratings
* Nielsen Ratings
* Now -- Diaries -- rarely filled out
* SOON -- Operate on the Wheel
* Must hold audience for 5 minutes
* 00-05, 15-20, 30-35, 45-50
* Important Demos
* P25-54, P18-49, W25-54
* ComScore Ratings
* Most Accurate, Set-Top Boxes, Cox
Monitored on a minute-by-minute
The Business of TV -- Ownership
Sinclair* -- 200+ Stations in 108 Markets
* Post-merger with Tribune
Nexstar -- 171 stations
Gray -- 100 stations in 57 markets
Tegna -- 46 stations in 38 markets
Scripps -- 36 stations in 26 markets
Hearst -- 33 stations
Fox -- 29 stations in 21 markets
Cox -- 15 TV Stations