Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Mediterranean Biome
Mediterranean Basin Producers
Located at the crossroads of Europe, Africa, and Asia
1. What is the difference between summer and winter temperatures?
2. What are the two biomes that wildlife must be adapted to?
3. What continent is not a part of the Mediterranean Basin?
b) South America
Temperate Woodland and Shrubland
Sophie Bollinger & Ryan Elkins
Mediterranean Basin Consumers
Average Precipitation: 20-100 cm
Summer climate: Hot and Dry
Winter climate: Cool and Moist
Olive Trees: Can handle poor soil; fine with
Fern Leaf Lavender: Adapted to dry and tropical climates from growing in both mountains and African land
(See Separate Notes For Each Garden.). "How Do Plants Adapt to Their Environment." AWESOME ADAPTATIONS How Do Plants Adapt to Their Environment? (n.d.): n. pag. Web. 2014
Must be adapted to:
"Olive Tree | Mediterranean Regions | Chaparrals | FunAppSchool." Olive Tree | Mediterranean Regions | Chaparrals | FunAppSchool. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Sept. 2014. <http://www.funappschool.com/PlantAdaptations/OliveTree>.
"Mediterranean Basin." Species. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Sept. 2014. <http://www.arkive.org/eco-regions/mediterranean-basin/species>.
Greek Turtle: Feeds on small plants and grazes land; can handle temperature changes
Great Bustard: Can handle dry climate as well as cold climate; Hides in tall grass
The Great Bustard | The Great Bustard Group." The Great Bustard Group RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Sept. 2014. <http://greatbustard.org/about-the-birds/>.