Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Israel
The capital of Israel is Jerusalem.
Major geographic features
Sea of Galilee
Mediterranean Sea (west)
Israel temperatures are usually in the high 80's in the summer. The average temperatures there in the summer is 70 degrees to 90 degrees. It can get up to 104 degrees there; its very dry there so it is unlikely to rain.
Mining and Quarrying
Bahai Faith (3.8%)
Israel is a Parliamentary System. A parliamentary system is a system of democratic governance.
Israel currency is Israeli New Shekel. One U.S dollar equals to 3.50 Israeli New Shekel.
A cheap motel in Israel would cost about $55 and a expensive hotel would cost about $560.
Motel near the sea in Haifa
about $55 per night
The King David Hotel
about $560 per night
A budget meal would cost about 10 to 30 new shekel ($2.87 to $8.62) and a moderate meal would cost about 40 to 50 new shekel
($11.49 to $14.36)
There are some health concerns in Israel. Heart diseases and cancer cause 2/3 of the death there.
The U.S does not permit public transportation in Israel due to many recent attacks, such as bombing threats and missile attack.
Exhibition DaVinci Alive
-This exhibition shows how DaVinci is such a remarkable inventor, artist, anatomist, sculptor, engineer, musician, and architect. There you will see 200 unique pieces, 75 invention, and 3D pictures of his work.
Significance:Day of Atonement
Observation:Fasting, Praying, and
During Yom Kippur you are not allowed
to eat or drink. Children under nine and
women in child birth are not permitted to
fast. It is one of the most important holiday,
and it's customary to wear white.
Activities in Israel
Bat Ya'ar Ranch
- In the ranch there is horseback
riding, jeep tours, challenge park(rope challenge- your on a safety rope, you have the freedom to do whatever), and petting zoo.
City of David and Underground tour
Its the settlement where king David established his kingdom. This historical place confirm many stories in the Holy Bible.There you will enter the Jewish quarter via the Zion gate (David's gate) and explore the four Sephardic Synagogue from the 16th century.
Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial
- It is a historical museum, the world leading holocaust museum, its a indoor museum, outdoor monument, garden, sculptures, etc.
Bible Land Museum
- The bible land museum has an extraordinary collection of ancient art and archeology from the dawn of civilization to early Christianity. Many treasures on display represents evidence of civilization and events in the Bible.
Dome of the Rock
- Some erroneously calls the Dome of the Rock the Mosque of Umar, most people thought it was built by Caliph Umar I, but actually it was built by Caliph Abd Al-Malik.It is located on Mount Morian. Sacred to Jews, Muslims, and Christians because people believe that it is where the Prophet Muhhamd was ascended to heaven.
Places I want to visit
Museum of underground Prisoners
- It is built in 1858 as a Russian Pilgrim Hospice for women. The British mandate in Palestine, the building was use as a prison, Hundreds of Jews fighters were imprison there. Its built on top of the 12th Century Crusader Fortress.
Tomb of the Virgin Mary
- Believed by the east Christians to be the burial place of Mary (Jesus mom). Mary died of natural death. Its also called Church of the Sepulcure of Saint Mary. Located at the bottom of Mount of Olives.
International culture center for youth
- local family dance, an instructor will be there to teach Israel many traditional dances
- Most people go to the theater to see plays such as Life with Jews in the Holocaust, War and peace, and etc.
One way to get around Israel is by taking a bus, taxi, or underground train.
- Sauteed veggies, onions, peppers, with tomato sauce, and poached eggs
Pita Bread with Hummus
- hummus (mashed chicken pea spread)
- eggplant spread
July 1st, 2014
Flight: 1092, 3:30pm DFW to 7:40pm PHL
796, 9:10pm PHL to 3:15pm TLV
July 11th, 2014
Airline: American Airline
Flight: 797 11:30pm TLV to 5:20am PHL
436 7:30am PHL to 10:20am DFW
DFW: Dallas Fort Worth
PHL: Philadelphia International
TLV: Tel Aviv Yafo Ben Gurion Intl, Israel
Sisu et Yerushalayim