Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Netflix
Marc Randolph and Reed Hastings
Netflix was launched in 1998
By the year 2003, Netflix had grown exponentially due to their flat rate monthly payment without any late fees
Its records showed in 2005 that customers were renting over 1 million DVDs every day
Although other companies like Blockbuster tried to enter the DVD rental business with Netflix, none of them could compete with the quantity, quality, and prices that Netflix offered their subscribers
In 2007 the company had successfully delivered their billionth DVD
By March of 2010 Netflix had over 14 million subscribers
In 2011 Netflix announced that its company would be splitting into two; Qwikster and Netflix. Qwikster was going to offer DVDs, and Netflix was going to offer streaming.
January 2012 records indicated that Netflix had over 24.4 million subscribers
Today Netflix's service is available in over 40 countries including Canada, Mexico, England, and Ireland
*Time Warner – HBO GO
*Amazon – Amazon Prime
*Walt Disney – Hulu
*Wal-Mart Stores – Vudu
*Coinstar – Redbox/Verizon Instant
*DISH Network – BlockBuster On Demand
TOP 3 STREAMING CONTENT SUBSCRIPTION COMPETITORS
Dish Network’s Blockbuster – bankrupted by Netflix
Walmart’s Vudu – Non-subscription based online movie rentals
Comcast’s Xfinity – Only available to Comcast members
Redbox/Verizon ‘s Instant launched in March 2013
NOTE: All data provided is from each companies’ investor relations webpage or comparable; sourced April 2013.
NOTE: Although Time Warner’s HBO Go appears to have a large market share, the reality is all HBO subscriptions are able to access HBO Go—few do so on a regular basis.
NOTE: Financial data from 23 April 2013 COB; Google Finance (Netflix was 216.99 at COB)
NOTE: Amazon Prime subscribers may not be as large as stated as Prime bundles other features such as 2 day shipping for Amazon purchases.
NOTE: Walt Disney’s Hulu may be the most accurate figure stated besides Netflix.
Streaming online videos
DVD rental by mail at one point known as Qwikster
Netflix allows members to instantly stream movies over the internet on devices such as...
1. Available on many devices that can access the internet
2. Their one month free trail lures customers in
3. Reasonable monthly plans and no late fees
4. Recognized brand name and identity
5. Larger selection in content compared to its competitors
6. Constant innovative culture
7. Flexibility in content delivery
8. Fastest DVD delivery among its competitors