Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Sports and Recreation in Afghanistan
Transcript of Sports and Recreation in Afghanistan
Translates to: Goat Grabbing
Players on horseback are called Chapandaz! Game play and rules! A calf or goat carcass is placed in the center of the playing field. Then the teams must try and get the goat to the scoring zone. (Afghan Sports NP) Other Sports- Cricket
Soccer (Afghan Sports NP) "Afghan National Sport (Buzkashi)."
Afghanistan Online:. A. Qazi, 2012. Web. 02
"Other Popular Sports Played in Afghanistan."
Afghanistan Online:. A. Qazi,
2012. Web. 02 Oct. 2012. WORKS CITED Attan- Afghanistan's National Dance Originally practiced by Pashtun tribes in pagan ceremonies, later adapted to Islam.
Usually accompanied by a dhol (double barreled drum).
Performers form a circle and dance to the beat, going faster as the song progresses.
In more complex attans, dancers may faint from exhaustion.
Often performed at weddings and other special occasions.
(Afghan Sports NP)