Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Queen Elizabeth's “The Golden Speech”
Transcript of Queen Elizabeth's “The Golden Speech”
Cultural & Historical Significance
Queen Elizabeth I’s Farewell Speech to the Parliament
Controversial transition to the throne
At time of speech very well loved by her people
Most thought the speech would focus on a financial situation in England but instead becomes a farewell speech
Rhetorical Work-analyzed to determine how and why the author writes/speaks on the topic (communicates intentions)
Rhetorical Analysis-determining the purpose
Context Clues-“helper” words that help you identify the meanings of unfamiliar words
addressing Parliament and England
thanking them for their loyalty
assuring them of her love and respect
persuading all to be loyal to her as she leaves throne
Read the entire lesson.
Complete all activities.
Complete the assessment.
Contact your teacher if you need more help!